Sunday, November 2, 2008

Welcome

This week someone suggested that I needed to write a book because it is hard too process all the information in one message. Also, I have wanted to start a website, but I don't have the time to design and maintain one. At least not yet. So this blog will be my way to start a webpage and a book at the same time.

My topics will be organized, Lord willing, around the following theme.

CREATION

Design -- the design we see in our world points back to the great Designer of Genesis 1-2

Decay -- the decay we see in our world (science points to the Second Law of Thermodynamics) directs us back to the fall and curse in Genesis 3

Destruction -- God destroyed the world and sinful man with a worldwide, yearlong flood. This can still be seen in rocks and fossils. I like talking about the Ark also.

Dispersion -- The Tower of Babel led to the dispersion of mankind around the world. The Echoes of Babel can still be heard. I include a study of Chinese language and the Ice Age in this topic.

Dinos -- Dinosaurs are cool. They also point to almost all the topics from Design to Dispersion.

Digs -- Archaeology gives support for God's Word but it also fills in some of the background about the Bible stories.

Diversions -- Jokes, Fake ads, Short Stories

APOLOGETICS

Divinity -- Jesus was God-man. That fact is under vicious attack today. The evidence, however, is still there.

Documents -- Another fact under attack is the reliability of the New Testament. This is an extremely exciting topic to me. The evidence is overwhelming.

HOLINESS WORLDVIEW

Downstairs/Upstairs -- Both the world and the church have accepted the concept that truth is established by science, observation, experience while religion is just an experience.

Worldview -- Being a Christian is not just adding a new background to your screen, or adding a new piece of software, it is changing your operating system (hopefully from Microsoft to Mac). Being a Christian affects our view of every topic in our lives.

I need a "D" word for that last one. I also need your comments, especially as my blogs get started. That will help me refine my writing and thinking before I publish it as a book.

Welcome

Steve aka Jubal

No comments: