Sunday, January 4, 2009

5-Minute Creationist

At ACSI I picked up a book called The Five Minute Church Historian. It has 100 readings stretching from the church of Acts to the 21st century. Each reading focuses on an important person or event of church history and should take about five minutes to read. Dr. Rick Cornish divided history into ten sections with about ten readings in each section. I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it to any of you.

For Christmas, I received The Five Minute Theologian. Now I am anticipating getting The Five Minute Apologist. I can't recommend the Theologian completely since Dr. Cornish is a Five-Point Calvinist. ( I wonder why most of the intellectuals in Christianity are Calvinists?)

I like the idea. I'm thinking that I need to write The Five Minute Creationist. Of course I'll have to change the name since Dr. Cornish probably has the rights to that particular title. I'm hoping to write the 100 essays on this blog during this year. We'll see what happens.

No comments: